Later January: Yet More Re-potting Projects

Here is late January I needed to re-pot a client black pine. The original pot was just too tight so I was off to Japantown to get a new one. The idea was to create more room for finer roots and provide some more space in the pot. Although I would normally use a rectangle I opted for this oval. In the re-potting I found old river sand from the original soil mix near the trunk. I was able to remove that and create drainage areas for near the trunk.

Client Tree: Black Pine. Weaker than it should be, it is scheduled to re-pot soon.

Client Black Pine re-potting

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Also today, I took on the Daimyo Oak re-potting as the buds were beginning to set. It had been it its original show pot for many years and I wanted decrease depth and increase the horizontal root area. The new Jim Gremel pot was a perfect choice.

Daimyo Oak: I was surprised by the abundance and strength of the root development in 3 years.

Daimyo Oak: Working on the vigorous root growth.

Daimyo Oak: New Jim Gremel pot setting up nicely.

Daimyo Oak: At home in its new Jim Gremel pot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Later January: Yet More Re-potting Projects

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s